1/1 Photo of Sonoran Hot Dog
Bread 'n Butter's Note:
There are different variations of this served throughout the southwest. It calls for a bolillo, which is a mexican-style bun. If you're unable to locate these you could substitute it with a bakery-fresh, soft, hot dog bun. You could also use Montery Jack cheese in place of the shredded Mexican cheese if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 beef hot dog
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 bun (Mexican bolillo)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1/4 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1/4 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, slightly thinned with lemon juice
- 1Wrap the bacon around the hot dog and fry on medium high until crispy.
- 2Cut the bolillo to create a pocket in the center of the bun, do not slice through the ends. This will help keep the toppings from escaping.
- 3Spread the mustard inside the bun.
- 4Spoon the refried beans and guacamole into the bun.
- 5Sprinkle cheese over the guacamole.
- 6Top with the bacon-wrapped dog.
- 7Sprinkle with tomato and onion.
- 8Top with the salsa verde and the mayo. For more authenticity, use a squeeze bottle for the mayo, applying at an angle over the other toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sonoran Hot Dog
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.2
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 2029.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: