There are different variations of this served throughout the southwest. It calls for a bolillo, which is a mexican-style bun. If you're unable to locate these you could substitute it with a bakery-fresh, soft, hot dog bun. You could also use Montery Jack cheese in place of the shredded Mexican cheese if needed.
- 1 beef hot dog
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 bun (Mexican bolillo)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1⁄4 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, slightly thinned with lemon juice
- Wrap the bacon around the hot dog and fry on medium high until crispy.
- Cut the bolillo to create a pocket in the center of the bun, do not slice through the ends. This will help keep the toppings from escaping.
- Spread the mustard inside the bun.
- Spoon the refried beans and guacamole into the bun.
- Sprinkle cheese over the guacamole.
- Top with the bacon-wrapped dog.
- Sprinkle with tomato and onion.
- Top with the salsa verde and the mayo. For more authenticity, use a squeeze bottle for the mayo, applying at an angle over the other toppings.