Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Cooking Light. Per sandwich: 270 calories, 7.8 g fat, 10.5 g protein, 35.6 g carb, 2.7 g fiber, 17 mg cholesterol.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices hearty white bread (each slice should weigh 1 oz.)
- 8 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free bean dip
- In a small bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; spread mixture evenly over 4 bread slices.
- Top each with 2 tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese; sprinkle with salt.
- Spread bean dip evenly over the remaining bread slices; place dip side down, on top of sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet that has been coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Coat each side of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Place sandwiches in pan (may have to do this in batches); cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.