Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This recipe is from the Sonora govt. official website made available to the general public. It's a hearty and homey stew.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 3 canned poblano chiles
- 3 idaho potatoes (or your favorite type)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 quart milk
- 1⁄2 quart water
- 2 cups cheese, crumbly or shreddable
- 1 teaspoon salt (approx. to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil milk and water together.
- Dice poblano chilies and potatoes.
- Chop tomato and onion in fine pieces.
- Chop or separate cheese in shreds.
- Heat cooking oil and sautee potatoes, onion, tomate and chilies.
- Add water-milk mixture.
- Salt to taste.
- Simmer until potatoes are well cooked but not mushy.
- Add the cheese.
- Remove from stove and cover to keep hot until serving time-.