1/1 Photo of Sonoma Tortellini Minestrone
1 hr 5 mins
A delicious soup from the Sonoma 1993 Winning Recipes. It goes together even faster if you have meatballs in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, 1/4-inch strips
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup tortellini
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1Slice dried tomatoes into 1/4-inch wide strips; place in small bowl.
- 2Add the boiling water; set aside.
- 3In large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and egg with hands, mix well.
- 4Shape mixture into 3/4 inch meatballs.
- 5In 6 quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 6Add meatballs; brown on all sides.
- 7Remove to bowl.
- 8To drippings in pan, add onion and garlic; saute until golden.
- 9Spoon off fat from pan.
- 10Return meatballs to pan; add tomatoes and their liquid, carrot, Italian seasoning, basil, beef broth and tortellini.
- 11Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- 12Reduce heat to medium; cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- 13Add zucchini; cover and cook 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender and tortellini is al dente or softer, if desired.
- 14Pass additional Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sonoma Tortellini Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 1165.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: