Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan until turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in water, beans, undrained chili peppers, bouillon, cumin, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir together the 1/4 cup water and the flour in a small bowl; stir into chili mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
Wonderful!! I do believe the chicken bouillon granules adds a depth to this chili that I've never tasted before. I didn't thicken it with flour since we're not eating flour right now. Besides, we don't really like a thick chili. I also used 2 cans of northern beans. Will be making this one again and again. So easy and tasty!! Made for Fall PAC 2011.