Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a food processor combine garbanzo beans, tahini, the water, the 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the oil, garlic, kosher salt, cumin seeds, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the 1 tablespoon parsley.
- If desired, stir in additional lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with additional parsley.
- Serve with baked pita chips or vegetable dippers, or use as a spread in a grilled vegetable sandwich.
- *Note: To toast seeds, heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add seeds.
- Cook about 2 minutes or until toasted and aromatic, shaking skillet frequently.
- Place toasted seeds in a spice grinder and process until finely ground.
I'm familiar with the Sonoma diet, and make many of the recipes in the book. For diet hummus this is great!