Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sliced zucchini (4 to 5 small)
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded reduced fat romano cheese or 2 tablespoons reduced fat parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook the whole garlic cloves in hot oil until light brown; discard garlic. Add the zucchini, dried mint (if using), salt, and pepper to the oil in the skillet.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until the zucchini is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. To serve, sprinkle with the cheese and fresh mint (if using).
I loved the taste of zucchini with the herb and cheese. I used fresh basil and parmesan. I also added more garlic and used 1 medium zucchini. Delicious! Made for Fall PAC 2011.