Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well. Meanwhile, for marinade, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish stir together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add drained asparagus, turning to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Drain asparagus, discarding marinade. Place asparagus on a grill tray or in a grill basket.
- For a charcoal grill, grill asparagus on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 3 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender and beginning to brown, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place asparagus on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Arrange asparagus on a serving platter. Working over asparagus, use a cheese plane or vegetable peeler to cut thin, wide strips from the side of Parmesan cheese block.