Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from Gail's Recipe Swap, posted by Michelle in CA. It's a wonderful chicken salad similar to Whole Foods Sonoma Chicken Salad.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and torn into chunky bites
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the last ingredients together until smooth.
- Add to the first bowl.
- Chill for a least 2 hours.
My girlfrind Linda always makes this for her coffee house and it's a big hit. After I moved to another state I just had to have the recipe to ease my cravings ! She substitutes the grapes with crasins and it's to die for!
This recipe was delicious...I gave it 4 stars because I felt it needed just a little more "zip"...So, I added the juice of 1 fresh lemon, and also chopped up 2 granny smith apples and threw those into the dish as well. I served it over a bed of lettuce and it was great! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!