Recipe by gailanng
A classic adapted from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook. I believe they use a conola oil mayonnaise, but I think any good quality brand will do. You can, also, try it with grilled chicken.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature. Note: I find mixing the ingredients together while still slighly warm absorbs the flavors better.
- When the chicken is cool, dice into bite-size chunks and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery and dressing.