After having the Sonoma Chicken Salad at Costco I was on a search to find a recipe to duplicate the taste. I found a good recipe on Wholefoods.com and tweaked it a bit. Of course, it’s not exactly the same but I think it is very close. My sister says it reminds her of thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries (craisins)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds,garlic powder,onion powder, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.
- 3When the chicken is cold, dice into bite-size pieces or shred and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, Craisins, celery and dressing.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sonoma Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.9
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.9 mg
- Sodium 591.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 55.5 g