Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After having the Sonoma Chicken Salad at Costco I was on a search to find a recipe to duplicate the taste. I found a good recipe on Wholefoods.com and tweaked it a bit. Of course, it’s not exactly the same but I think it is very close. My sister says it reminds her of thanksgiving.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried cranberries (craisins)
- 3 stalks celery
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds,garlic powder,onion powder, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is cold, dice into bite-size pieces or shred and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, Craisins, celery and dressing.