Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
White trash cookin at it's best! This really does turn out great-I did not believe it when our friend Sonny made it in my kitchen-thought he was insane. Pour extra gravy over rice or mashed potatoes-it makes alot!
- 16 pieces chicken, skinned
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Wash and pat chicken dry, place, side by side in a large baking pan at least 2 inches high.
- Dust the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper-a nice amount please.
- In a medium bowl whisk the 4 cans of soup together-add no extra liquid.
- Pour over chicken to cover every inch.
- Top with sliced green onions and a touch of garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve the gravy over rice or mashed potatoes.
If this is white trash cookin, count me in!! The chicken was fall-off-the-bone tender, and the sauce is surprisingly tasty (altho a very strange orange color!). I couldn't find cream of tomato soup either, so I used Campbell's Tomato Bisque. Make sure you use "a nice amount" of the seasonings like Di suggests - the garlic powder "makes" this sauce. The recipe didn't say whether to bake covered or uncovered, so I covered loosely with a piece of foil. Thanks Di (and Sonny!) - we'll be making this again & again!
All I can say is WOW! I couldn't find any Cream of Tomato, so I used Broccoli-Cheese, Cream of Mushroom w/Roasted Garlic and regular Cream Of Mushroom with it, and it turned out fantastic. I went a little overboard with the pepper, or at least my kids said so, I like a lot of pepper. I will definitely be making this again!
this a unique blend of ingredients..very good & easy to put together. This would be great for a pot luck too. Quite a surprising dish.