Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Ramona, my cousin who loves to bake. This is her mother's recipe. I hear this is an unbelievably delicious recipe!
- 1 cup cake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 12 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, grated from the whole orange
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated from the whole lemon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the sugar to the yolks and beat well.
- Now add orange juice and the orange and lemon rinds and mix throughly.
- Sift the cake meal and potato starch into the yolks and mix well.
- Add nuts if you are making a nut cake.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into a 2 piece greased tube pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Cool cake upside down.
I made this cake yesterday and it could definately use more sugar.