- 6 shelled hardboiled egg
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 fresh red chilies, sliced and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon liquid maggi seasoning
- rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce hard boiled eggs 2 or 3 times with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a wok, and fry eggs until golden.
- Cut eggs in half and place on a serving dish.
- Pour off all of the oil except 1 tablespoons Fry the onion and chilies until golden.
- Combine sugar, water, tamarind pulp and liquid seasoning in wok and simmer for 5 min till thickened.
- Spoon onion and chilies over eggs.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Serve with rice.