Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the Ultimate Chinese cookbook.
Make and share this Son-In-Law Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Pierce hard boiled eggs 2 or 3 times with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a wok, and fry eggs until golden.
- Cut eggs in half and place on a serving dish.
- Pour off all of the oil except 1 tablespoons Fry the onion and chilies until golden.
- Combine sugar, water, tamarind pulp and liquid seasoning in wok and simmer for 5 min till thickened.
- Spoon onion and chilies over eggs.
- Pour sauce over all.
- Serve with rice.
A Great recipe. We can make it to serve with leftover rice.
This is a great side dish, snack, starter or whenwever you would like to serve these eggs. The hardboiled and fried eggs alone are great. But in combination with the sauce they are wonderful. I like the maggi seasoning used here very much and I would not left it out, because it will add some delicate salty flavors. The sour tamarind pulp is the needed counterpart and the red chilies add exact the required pepperines. Serve it with rice - I used Jasmin Rice - and you have a tasty dish. The only thing I am wondering about is, why are the called son-in-law-eggs. Greta. Thanks for sharing.