Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just made this up tonight and it's just another variation on a smoothie creation. I created this because I have been craving fruit and chocolate, but also had a couple ingredients that needed using up. This time I decided to measure the ingredients, for curiosity's sake, really, and for those who feel better about more exact measurements. This smoothie is non-dairy; made with soy yogurt and soy milk, and the Hershey's chocolate syrup has no dairy in it either. Feel free to substitute the real stuff if you don't have to worry about it. This also has bananas and pineapple chunks in it, but the berry is a bit more prominent along with the chocolate. Btw, I just realized I forgot to put strawberries in, oops.. Oh well, it's still very good in my opinion, I hope you enjoy it. :) This made approximately 16 oz, so either one very large serving, or 2 average servings. I am freezing my leftovers to drink for breakfast.
- 1⁄2 cup banana, sliced and frozen
- 1⁄2 cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries (I used a mix of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk (I used Silk brand Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored soy yogurt (I used Silk Live! brand vanilla soy yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons hershey's special dark chocolate syrup
- Place frozen bananas and frozen mixed berries in blender with the soy milk. Blend until smooth and thick, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides.
- Add yogurt, pineapple chunks, and dark chocolate syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Note: This turned out slightly thinner than most smoothies. Also, my pineapple chunks were leftover from dinner, which used most of a can of pineapple chunks and the juice, and the leftover pineapple overflowed the 1/2 cup measure by a few chunks. :).
Nice smoothie, & a great fix for the chocoholic in me! I froze the pineapple chunks as well as the banana! The frozen mixed berries I have include blueberry, raspberry & marionberry (a hybred blackberry thingy!), & I used my usual 2% fat milk & a regular fat free vanilla yogurt! Loved the combo of chocolate, pineapple & the berries, too! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]