Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Many times, when entertaining in the summer, it is just more practical to pick up a London Broil steak to grill. It is relatively economical and, when sliced, a little goes a long way. This marinade makes it just a little more special, and requires the steak to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. This is not included in the preparation time.
Top Review by ellie_
Delilsh! I made as directed with the exception of skipping the horseradish (I was out) and used top round steaks. We served this with recipe#178885 for the perfect summer dinner! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (2 lb) london broil steak (about 1-inch thick)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk red wine, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, horseradish, thyme leaves, and garlic in small bowl until well blended. Place steak on large platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then brush with half the marinade. Turn steak, season, and brush with remaining marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature 2 hours or in the refrigerator at least 4 hours. (Make sure steak is at room temperature, though, before grilling.).
- Prepare grill or heat broiler.
- Grill or broil steak, basting occasionally with juices in platter, 6-8 minutes each side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and thinly slice on sharp diagonal. Serve.