Recipe by the80srule
After greatly enjoying French Tart's Good Old Fashioned English Chip-Shop Style Chips! I decided to make another version for my carb quotient using the traditional "oven fry" method-- use less oil and bake with the oil on instead of frying in the oil. Malt vinegar is the best for this if you have it, out of convenience and budget I used distilled white vinegar and it tasted great. This is ideal for 1-2 people, or cut the recipe in half if using just one potato. I love using kosher or sea salt!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Loved this! What a great way to impermeate oven fries with that wonderful vinegar flavour. I used malt vinegar and sea salt when making this and since I don't have a french fry cutter I had to hand cut the potatoes. Made for Veggie Swap 22.
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes them cut into shoestrings or use a french fry cutter to get the shape right.
- Mix the oil and vinegar together. Put the cut potatoes into a tossing bowl and coat with the oil-vinegar mix. Shake on salt and pepper to your liking.
- Arrange the potatoes loosely on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 450°F.
- Turn the potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Shake them around on the baking sheet again then turn on the broiler for 5-10 minutes for a nice crispy top.