1/1 Photo of Somewhat Health-Ified English Chip Shop Style Oven Chips
After greatly enjoying French Tart's Good Old Fashioned English Chip-Shop Style Chips! I decided to make another version for my carb quotient using the traditional "oven fry" method-- use less oil and bake with the oil on instead of frying in the oil. Malt vinegar is the best for this if you have it, out of convenience and budget I used distilled white vinegar and it tasted great. This is ideal for 1-2 people, or cut the recipe in half if using just one potato. I love using kosher or sea salt!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes them cut into shoestrings or use a french fry cutter to get the shape right.
- 2Mix the oil and vinegar together. Put the cut potatoes into a tossing bowl and coat with the oil-vinegar mix. Shake on salt and pepper to your liking.
- 3Arrange the potatoes loosely on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 450°F.
- 4Turn the potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- 5Shake them around on the baking sheet again then turn on the broiler for 5-10 minutes for a nice crispy top.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Somewhat Health-Ified English Chip Shop Style Oven Chips
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g