I call this my something special dip because it's something special to have on had when my husband just can't wait for dinner. I pull this out & some whole wheat crackers for him to snack on in the meantime. Actually I wanted him to stop noshing on the potatoe chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, cooked in a casserole dish (sorry Robert Irvine, frozen works best for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, from the block not the box
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- garlic powder (I used about 1/4 tsp.)
- 11. After the spinach is finished cooking, place it in a fine strainer too cool.
- 22. Combine the next 6 ingredients in the same bowl you used to cook the spinach inches.
- 33. Using the back of a spoon force as much water out of the spinach as possible. Then add it to the ingredients in the cooking bowl.
- 44. You can adjust the density of the dip by adding more sour cream or yogurt.
- 55. Sometimes I garnish with halved grape tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Something Special Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.2
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 209.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g