Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I actually came up with this by trying to mimic a restaurant recipe. After I was done with it, I was more pleased with my version then I was with the restaurants!
- Cut and skin all but one potato into cubes or chunks and boil.
- Prepare lone potato the same way but leaving skin on, cubing and boiling separately, alternatively, this could also be a baked potato.
- Drain potatoes and mash either by hand or by mixer.
- Add butter and milk until smooth and creamy. I do not add exact measures, as this tends to be a personal decision, but about a tablespoon of each is a good start.
- Cook onion separately if you are using, I would personally sauté it.
- Mix in bacon bits, garlic powder, onions and salt if you are using them.
- Add the lone potato to the mix last. If it was a baked potato, cut it into cubes. If you chose to boil it separately, just drain it, it should already be in cubes.
- I would suggest a gentle mix for this lone potato in with the rest, either a really short and low mixer setting, or even just using a fork.
- If all goes well you should have a smooth mashed potato with small skinned potato chunks. Yummy!