Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Some different ingredients to spice up an everyday dinner dish. From the book, "Heart of the Palms: Favorite Recipes of the Palm Beaches".
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 eggs
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup packaged seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chop green pepper, onion, and carrot in a food processor.
- Mix in 1/2 of the tomato paste and the eggs.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the ground chuck in a large bowl, mixing well.
- With hands, mix cottage cheese and stuffing into meat.
- Shape mixture into 1 large or 2 small meat loaves and place in a 9x11 shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining tomato paste and the mustard in a separate bowl and spread over top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for 1 and 1/2 hours.