I was craving Shepherd Pie but i wanted a little spice. My boy friend added hot sauce, I add sour cream. Add spice to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons onion powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar sausage gravy
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1Cut 4 potatoes in half skin or no skin. Boil until potatoes are soft enough to mash. while mashing stir in half jar of sausage gravy, 1 tbs garlic powder, and 1 tbs onion powder. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Brown turkey or beef in large skillet. Stir in 1 tbs garlic, 1 tbs onion powder, taco seasoning, and season salt while meat is still raw. Add red onion and jalapeño.
- 4In a 9x9-inch casserole dish or pan spread meat mixture on bottom of pan, spread corn with chilies on top of meat. Spread potato mixture on top of corn evenly. Spread the rest of the sausage gravy on top of potatoes evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Something Different Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 393.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: