Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was craving Shepherd Pie but i wanted a little spice. My boy friend added hot sauce, I add sour cream. Add spice to your own taste.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons onion powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar sausage gravy
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Cut 4 potatoes in half skin or no skin. Boil until potatoes are soft enough to mash. while mashing stir in half jar of sausage gravy, 1 tbs garlic powder, and 1 tbs onion powder. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown turkey or beef in large skillet. Stir in 1 tbs garlic, 1 tbs onion powder, taco seasoning, and season salt while meat is still raw. Add red onion and jalapeño.
- In a 9x9-inch casserole dish or pan spread meat mixture on bottom of pan, spread corn with chilies on top of meat. Spread potato mixture on top of corn evenly. Spread the rest of the sausage gravy on top of potatoes evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Very good, my family loved it. I used leftover mashed potatoes and even threw in some leftover green beans.