1/1 Photo of Something Different Green Bean and Corn Casserole
Adapted from Southern Living. This is very different from the usual green bean casseroles out there. I prefer sweet onions such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, but ordinary cooking onions are fine too. French style green beans are regular green beans that have been thinly sliced. If all you have is the regular kind, simply slice them into thin strips with a knife or use them whole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 411.06 g can French style green beans, rinsed and drained
- 311.84 g can white shoepeg corn or 311.84 g can corn, rinsed and drained
- 304.75 g can low-fat cream of celery soup or 304.75 g can regular cream of celery soup
- 2-3 stalk celery, trimmed,washed,and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 226.79 g container light sour cream or 226.79 g container regular sour cream
- 1.23 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 22 round butter flavored crackers, such as ritz,crushed
- 56.69 g package sliced almonds
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F and have ready a greased medium oval baking dish (7"x11" size).
- 2Mix together the cracker crumbs, nuts, and the melted butter and set aside.
- 3Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour into the prepared pan, sprinkling the nut mixture over the top.
- 4Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Something Different Green Bean and Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of celery soup