Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a friend of mine that I worked with. I wanted something different and I got it! It's delicious! The cranberry sauce makes the whole dish exciting.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chipped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- cooked wide egg noodles or spinach noodles
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onions, celery, and mushrooms.
- Add chicken and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir in juice then the broth.
- Continue stirring until sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- Add lemon juice and sour cream and mix well.
- Stir and heat until bubbling.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.