Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kind of Chicken Piccata meets Persia. The chicken is seasoned with a lemon caper sauce and served over a fluffy bed of couscous. This is a quick, easy, and tasty dish. Perfect for "What do I do with this chicken scenario."
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 1/2 cups water, spice package from couscous, and 2 TBL.
- of butter.
- Heat to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover and set aside.
- Put salt, and flour in a large ziplock bag and shake to mix ingredients.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a medium saute pan melt 2 TBL.
- of butter and and cook chicken until golden brown, do not turn chicken while cooking.
- Now turn chicken and add capers, lemon juice, 1 TBL.
- of butter and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve over couscous.
This is a good recipe when pressed for time and ingredients. I might add more seasoning salt to give the flavor a little more oomph.