1/1 Photo of Somersizing Chicken Queso Soup
Mommy Diva's Note:
Another nice soup I am looking forward to trying from the Somersizing website. Looks great. For anyone that isn't familiar with Somersizing, you need to eat the right combination of healthy fats, protiens, carbs, etc. It's all about balance. ;) SuzanneSomers.com **I haven' tried this one yet, I am guessing on the servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (Rotel can be used)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cream (you can use 1 cup cream and 1/2 c. water.)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (start with 2 teaspoons and adjust accordingly)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (start with 2 teaspoons and adjust accordingly)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (start with 2 teaspoons and adjust accordingly)
- salt, to taste
- 1 -2 cup rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (can use breasts or tenders chopped)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (white part)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- 1Melt butter over med. high heat. Saute onion in butter until translucent.
- 2Add green chiles and tomatoes (do not drain either one) and cook, stirring constantly, until about half of the liquid is evaporated.
- 3Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- 4Add broth, cream, lemon juice and seasonings. (At this point, you can puree the soup with an immersion blender, but that's optional--it's good either way).
- 5Add chopped chicken and heat until warmed through. Do not boil.
- 6Serve, garnishing each portion with chopped green onions and chopped cilantro.
- 7According to the original poster, the garnish is a must for this soup. All the fresh ingredients give it a "crunchy kick.".
- 8Non-Somersizers can also garnish with either cut-up & fried tortilla strips OR crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Somersizing Chicken Queso Soup
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.8
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.7 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 802.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g