Recipe by Mommy Diva
Listed as the BEST Broccoli Cheese soup on the SOmersizing website, reviewers seem to love this one. I saw some members add in mushrooms, garnish with bacon pieces, green onions and even a dollop of sour cream! Others have added chopped chicken to it. Let me know if you try this nice Somersizing soup - it doesn't feel like dieting. ;) Can't wait to try this one. (Posted as listed, servings and time are estimates)
Top Review by Elmotoo
I guess Somersizing is a low carb diet not low fat or calorie diet? LOL. NO, this is not much of a DIET soup, imho, lol. But it IS delicious! And easy. The only thing I varied was instead of busting up a pound of bacon, I substituted leftover bacon drippings for the butter. And I used the whole can of chicken broth. I also pureed the whole thing with my stick blender. I got exactly 4 soupbowls from this recipe. Made for the Aussie Swap 10/08.
- 10 -12 ounces broccoli, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature ( I microwave it on 4 for 1-1.5 minutes.)
- Pour broth and cream cheese into slow cooker, heat till smooth. Meanwhile, in a pot sautee onion in 2T. butter till almost transparent.
- Then add thawed broccoli and cook till tender.
- Add broccoli/onion mixture to slow cooker.
- Pour in cream and 2 cups of cheese.
- Heat through till cheese completely melts.