Recipe by Oolala
From a community cookbook. Sounds easy and yummy with honey, ketchup, mustard powder, onion, paprika, red wine and coke! Imagine that! I love brisket so I can't wait to try this one. Best if marinated overnight.
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup Coke
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 small onion, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oil, coke, wine, honey, ketchup, mustard, onion and paprika in a food processor or blender and "chop" mixture.
- Pour over the brisket.
- Marinate overnight if you have time.
- Cook in a roasting pan with the liquid, at 350 degrees F., loosely covered, until fork tender (approximately 4 hours).
- When brisket is cool, slice meat against the grain, and return to the pan with the gravy.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- To make the gravy thicker, you can pour the pan juices into a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoons flour and let cook until half the liquid is reduced.
- Pour over sliced meat and serve.