Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From a community cookbook. Sounds easy and yummy with honey, ketchup, mustard powder, onion, paprika, red wine and coke! Imagine that! I love brisket so I can't wait to try this one. Best if marinated overnight.
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup Coke
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 small onion, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Put the oil, coke, wine, honey, ketchup, mustard, onion and paprika in a food processor or blender and "chop" mixture.
- Pour over the brisket.
- Marinate overnight if you have time.
- Cook in a roasting pan with the liquid, at 350 degrees F., loosely covered, until fork tender (approximately 4 hours).
- When brisket is cool, slice meat against the grain, and return to the pan with the gravy.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- To make the gravy thicker, you can pour the pan juices into a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoons flour and let cook until half the liquid is reduced.
- Pour over sliced meat and serve.
I made this for the annual cookie exchange and Christmas party-it was a big hit, several folks want the recipe! Thanks for a great and easy recipe. Definitely will make again - especially liked that it could be prepared ahead and then reheated (we did that part in the crock pot on low the day of the party).
Despite what OKRaeRae said, according to Kasrut, Coca-Cola is Kosher. http://www.kashrut.com/consumer/soda/
This left a very dark ,rich sauce. The flavor is unique. Easy and delicious, I would definitely do it again!