Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So, what do two people do when presented with a package of twenty-five 70 gram somen servings… get creative! Here is a new dish I came up with to make use of some of those noodles...
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 70 g pasta (I used somen for this)
- 1 slice bacon (diced)
- 78.07 ml shrimp (steamed and diced)
- 14.79 ml fresh basil (chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh scallion (chopped)
- 78.07 ml cabbage, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 29.58 ml water
- 28.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml nori (julienned)
- 4.92 ml julienned pickled ginger
- Break somen noodles in half prior to cooking.
- Cook according to directions and strain, but DO NOT rinse in water.
- Seperate the somen into 2 stacks
- Heat oil in 10 inch frying pan on medium heat.
- Place 1 stack of somen in pan, arrange in to a circle and flatten with spatula.
- Top with bacon, shrimp, basil, scallion, cabbage, and second stack of somen.
- Pour on egg mixture.
- Flatten and shape with spatula.
- Cook until browned on one side, then flip and brown on other side, reshaping as needed.
- Plate and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Top with mayonnaise, nori, and ginger.
- ***A simple salad of arugula, shredded carrot and cabbage, sliced cucumber, and diced yellow pepper drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with julienned nori makes a great accompaniment.