1/2 Photos of Somen Okonomiyaki
So, what do two people do when presented with a package of twenty-five 70 gram somen servings… get creative! Here is a new dish I came up with to make use of some of those noodles...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 70 g pasta (I used somen for this)
- 1 slice bacon (diced)
- 78.07 ml shrimp (steamed and diced)
- 14.79 ml fresh basil (chopped)
- 14.79 ml fresh scallion (chopped)
- 78.07 ml cabbage, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 29.58 ml water
- 28.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml nori (julienned)
- 4.92 ml julienned pickled ginger
- 1Break somen noodles in half prior to cooking.
- 2Cook according to directions and strain, but DO NOT rinse in water.
- 3Seperate the somen into 2 stacks
- 4Heat oil in 10 inch frying pan on medium heat.
- 5Place 1 stack of somen in pan, arrange in to a circle and flatten with spatula.
- 6Top with bacon, shrimp, basil, scallion, cabbage, and second stack of somen.
- 7Pour on egg mixture.
- 8Flatten and shape with spatula.
- 9Cook until browned on one side, then flip and brown on other side, reshaping as needed.
- 10Plate and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Top with mayonnaise, nori, and ginger.
- 12***A simple salad of arugula, shredded carrot and cabbage, sliced cucumber, and diced yellow pepper drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with julienned nori makes a great accompaniment.
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Somen Okonomiyaki
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.1
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 230.7 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: