Recipe by COOKGIRl
A copycat recipe of a Trader Joe's pre-made salad I have tried to duplicate. All ingredient amounts are estimated. Best results when salad is allowed to marinate. Feel free, as I have to play around with the ingredients. For a vegan version, substitute agave nectar for the honey.
- 6 ounces somen noodles
- 2 small carrots, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh Baby Spinach (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2⁄3 cup mild rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, regular or 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro (NOT dried)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup grated toasted coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the peanuts and coconut and let cool.
- Cook somen noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Meanwhile grate the carrots and add the diced bell pepper (and chopped spinach if using) into a serving bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients well in a blender and then toss together with the vegetables and cooked somen noodles.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Stir together the peanuts and coconut. Serve salad with toppings on the side. Garnish with.
- cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if desired.