Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A copycat recipe of a Trader Joe's pre-made salad I have tried to duplicate. All ingredient amounts are estimated. Best results when salad is allowed to marinate. Feel free, as I have to play around with the ingredients. For a vegan version, substitute agave nectar for the honey.
- 6 ounces somen noodles
- 2 small carrots, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh Baby Spinach (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2⁄3 cup mild rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, regular or 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro (NOT dried)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup grated toasted coconut
- Toast the peanuts and coconut and let cool.
- Cook somen noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Meanwhile grate the carrots and add the diced bell pepper (and chopped spinach if using) into a serving bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients well in a blender and then toss together with the vegetables and cooked somen noodles.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Stir together the peanuts and coconut. Serve salad with toppings on the side. Garnish with.
- cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if desired.
Tasty and easy! A great make ahead dish! I skipped the coconut and topped with chopped peanuts and extra cilantro.
Dddddddelicious! Made this for March Spring Onion tag game and it went over quite well. Served it with bbq shrimp and what was left I mixed the shrimp and salad together. Thank you for submitting this recipe and I know I will be making it often.
This was a refreshing change of pace. I added some lime zest and used Italilan parsley in place of the baby spinach. Made it last minute for a get together. Will make again, thanks!