Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Somebody's Mother's Mother's classic apple pie recipe
- 1 somebody's mother's mother's pie crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (Granny Smith, Rome, Fuji, Macintosh & Winesap, we used Honeycrisp)
- 1⁄4 cup somebody's mother's caramel sauce
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly brush the inside of an unbaked pie shell with the caramel sauce, then place the first seven ingredients, which have been mixed well together, on top. Dot with the stick of butter.
- Then strip the pie in a lattice fashion. Around the edge of the pie, put a strip of foil, and bake for about 45-60 minutes. The last 15-20 minutes take off the foil and finish browning.
- Spoon warm caramel sauce over the top of each slice of pie.
I prepared this apple tart with your crust recipe and it worked perfectly!<br/>For the caramel sauce I did not find the recipe, so I melted caramel candies with little milk and part of butter. <br/>Mixed the seven ingredietns (apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream and salt) and placed on the tarte.<br/>After baking I topped the tart with caramel sauce. <br/>How delicious! I never had apple tarts with caramel sauce, this is grat input for me as I have enough apples to use.<br/>Thanks a lot for posting your recipes!