1/1 Photo of Somebody's Mother's Chocolate and Raspberry Trifle
Delicious and beautiful trifle recipe, straight from Somebody's Mother's kitchen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dozen ladyfingers
- 118.29 ml Creme de Cacao
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 269.32 g somebody's mother's chocolate syrup
- 2 (453.59 g) carton fresh raspberries
- 269.32 g somebody's mother's white chocolate sauce
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 118.29 ml somebody's mother's white chocolate sauce
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml cream
- 4 egg yolks, well-beaten
- 29.58 ml butter
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml whipped cream
- 1For custard: In a double boiler, mix in the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Then gradually stir in the milk and cream mixture.
- 2Cook covered over hot water for 8 minutes without stirring. Uncover and cook for about 10 minutes more.
- 3Add the egg yolks and butter. Cook and stir these ingredients over hot water for 2 minutes longer.
- 4Cool, stirring occasionally to release steam, then add the vanilla.
- 5Fold in the whipped cream. Chill the custard. It will have the consistency of a heavy whipped cream.
- 6For white chocolate whipped cream: Place 1 cup whipping cream into an electric mixer. Mix until whipped. Fold the whipped cream into 1/2 cup of white chocolate sauce.
- 7For trifle: Brush the ladyfingers generously with creme de cacao and white wine. Arrange a dense layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- 8Pour on half of the jar of chocolate sauce. Add half the custard.
- 9Then brush the next layer of ladyfingers again with the creme de cacao and white wine. Arrange the ladyfingers on top of the custard.
- 10Pour on the last half of the sauce. Add slightly half the berries in a layer. Top with remaining custard.
- 11Add another layer of ladyfingers, brushed with the wine and creme de cacao. Add the white chocolate whipped cream onto the ladyfingers. Arrange the remaining raspberries around the edge. Place the entire dish in the refrigerator to chill.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Somebody's Mother's Chocolate and Raspberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.3
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.2 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white chocolate sauce
white chocolate sauce