Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I adore recipes with interesting names. I found this recipe on the vegweb website, and had to add it to my collection.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or 6 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Bring the corn syrup and sugar to a boil.
- Stir in the peanut butter and pour the mixture over the cereal, stir.
- Put into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips, pour over the cereal mixture and spread evenly.
- Cool, cut into squares and eat.
Very good and different Rice Krispy Squares. I had a half bag of both butterscotch and chocolate chips so this was a great way to combine both in one recipe. I also liked that although this recipe uses a lot of peanut butter (I used 1 cup of low fat creamy and 1 cup chunky) it didn't taste too peanutbuttery for us. This is a great recipe for young children (with help with the little bit of stove top work) when they help in the kitchen. Thanks Mirj for a great quick and easy desert treat!