Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is alittle something that was given to me by my boyfriends mother who got it from her daughter. I love it!
- 1 box of cooked rotini noodles
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 medium red onion, diced and chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 artichoke heart
- 1⁄2 can black olives, diced
- 2 slices salami
- parmesan cheese (however much your heart desires)
- 1⁄2 bottle Italian dressing
- sunflower seeds
- Mix mix mix and mix.
- eat now or put in fridge and eat later.
Very tasty and different than our traditional pasta salad. I did not use the artichoke, because none of us like it. I chopped up the salami (wasn't sure what to do, cause it just said 2 slices) and used 1/2 of a 16 ounce bottle of light Italian dressing. After the salad sits in the fridge awhile you need to add a bit more dressing, because the pasta slurps it all up and it gets a bit dry :) The addition of sunflower kernals adds a very interesting texture and flavor...never thought to do this with pasta salad but it was really good! Thanks!
Loved this salad. Easy to make too! I'm always looking for ways to use artichokes. Good, good and good.