Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use to work at this little restaurant in the mid west that made the most delicious hot sauce for wings. Here is my version. Please treat the insanity sauce as you would a hot pepper. This sauce is absolutly delicous in wraps with chicken tenders.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- oil (for frying) or shortening (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (do not substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dave's insanity hot sauce (I would start with this and add more to your liking)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oil/shortening to 375°F Add wings to oil being careful not to crowd the pan. stir carefully to make sure the wings do stick together periodically. Cook for 7-10 minutes depending on the size of the wings. Use your Judgment.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter with Frank's hot sauce.
- Stirring constantly to make sure that the butter doesn't separate from the sauce add black pepper and Dave's insanity sauce.
- Drain wings in metal colander if you have one and toss with sauce in a zip lock bag or in a large bowl.
- Serve with your favorite dressing.
Wow!!!I am a major wing fanatic and I absolutly loved these wings. I did add a few T of vinegar to this. I would definatly make this again. I also added a clove of garilc to this just because I like garlic. My boyfriend even liked this and he doesnt like anything. I used chicken tenders instead for him and the bone in wings for me. Great left overs for wraps with ranch dressing.