Recipe by Bergy
There are so many recipes for hamburgers and we all claim 'this is the best'. Not so, I have had too many wonderful burgers but after having this one tonight I'd say it's up there with the winners. This recipe can be doubled,quadrupled, or for as many as you wish.
Top Review by chia
these were good, the horseradish gives it a good kick. there was too much liquid in the mixture, sauce leaked out before i could seal the whole thing, but the taste was there. i grilled these, but made the mushrooms sauted with garlic and sliced vidalias. good summer fare!
- 6 ounces hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot horseradish
- 1 teaspoon szechwan chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh hot pepper, chopped (leave in the seeds if you like hot)
- salt and pepper
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 slice sweet onion, large
- 2 slices cheese
- 1 slice tomatoes, large
- hot mustard
- 1 large kaiser roll
- sweet danish white cucumber pickle (recipe on zaar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the horseradish, Szechwan chili sauce,Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and hot pepper into the meat. Season with salt and pepper.Form into a pattie a little larger than your bun. Refrigerate for a half hour.
- When you are ready to fry the burger turn heat to high, spray your pan with a little veggie oil.Sear the burger on one side, flip it, turn the heat down to medium; add mushrooms.
- Cover with a lid and leave heat on medium until the second side is browned.Turn heat down to low; leave skillet covered and continue to cook until well done. Total time 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile butter the bun halves inside, broil the inside of the split bun until golden; add a slice of cheese to each half, and broil just for a minute.
- Put the onion, tomato, mushrooms, and hot mustard on one side of the bun. Top with burger and top with other half of the bun. Cut into four and enjoy.
- Sweet pickles are served on the side.