Recipe by Zurie
A certain seafood restaurant chain recently served this with their calamari, and at home I recreated it. It's great with all meats and seafood. Mine wasn't even hot enough, surprise, surprise! It will all depend on the type of hot peppers you use. It's a tiny amount, made fresh, and will benefit from being made ahead, covered, and left at room temperature until needed. Ingredients can be tweaked to your taste.
Top Review by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
Husband and I enjoy this almost daily with crusty fresh bread as an appetiser with wine whilst we cook dinner. I do add a splash of good balsamic vinegar as well. This recipe is quick as a wink to make and really big on flavour. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, no seeds, very finely chopped (I used green and red cayenne peppers from my own garden)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more, do not leave out)