Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Soups are easy to make. So this should be a snap it you follow the simple directions. Even a woman could make this soup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed dried beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 baby carrots, chopped in 3
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 5 cups water
- soak the beans in water over night.
- strain the beans and rinse them off.
- in a large stock pot bring the beans to boil using the 5 cups of water.
- once it is boiling, turn the temperature to low.
- stir in the remainder ingredients.
- put a lid on it and leave it alone for 20 minutes.
- more time is ok, 20 minutes is just to say you cooked the carrots and potatoes.
I must say that the intro is correct. Myself being a mere woman I was actually able to make this hearty soup all alone! LOL. I chose a mix of red, black and white beans and used veggie stock in place of chicken, it made a great lunch with fresh hot whole wheat biscuits. DH really enjoyed it.