Recipe by Chef Sharon 15
Yummy, sombrero-shaped appetizers. Also good to serve alongside a complimentary soup in the winter.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken or 1 cup crumbled browned ground beef
- 3 tablespoons salsa (your favourite kind)
- 5 (10 inch) tortillas (any flavour, coloured ones look great esp. if you mix up the colours)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingred. in small bowl. Should make 3 cups filling.
- Divide and spread filling on tortillas. Roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for overnight. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place on greased baking sheet. Bake in 350' oven for 15 minutes until hot and cheese is starting to melt. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut each roll into 5 pieces. Pop back into oven for 5-10 minutes or until the appetizers start to make a "sombrero" shape! Makes 25 appetizers.