Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick and very yummy.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hot ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, chopped
- corn chips
- Brown meat and 1/4 cup of the onions in a skillet; stir in the ketchup, chili powder, and salt.
- Add the beans with liquid and mash to mix thoroughly with the other ingredients.
- Heat and garnish with the cheddar cheese, the remaining onions, and the olives.
- Serve with corn chips.
My daughter had to bring into her college Spanish class a simple 'spanish' dish and this was a class favorite! Now it has become part of our family stories and a favorite appetizer to share with friends!