Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for potlucks. My family loves this.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is browned; drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl.
- Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
I love pasta salad. This is a delicious one. I liked the taco seasoned meat and the catalina dressing flavors. The veggies gave a little crunch. Thanks for an quick, easy, and tasty meal. Husband and I took leftovers for our lunch the next day. Tasted even, better. Thanks Nurse Di.
This tasty pasta salad was different than any other I've tried. The idea of combining taco seasoning and Catalina dressing was a little strange, but it was actually very good! The only adjustment I made to the recipe was to use only one can of black olives. This recipe is a keeper!
Pasta Salad is always a favorite meal in this house. This one sure was delicious. Spicy meat, pasta and veggies all mixed up and the best part was the dressing. YUMMY!! The only alteration I made was to use just 1/2 cup of water for the meat. Thanks Nurse Di.