Recipe by breezermom
This is a recipe I used to make when I first got married. We didn't have the money to go out, so friends would come over and we would play cards and watch movies....great times. All of us would make great appetizer/snack items and this is one of the ones that was always enjoyed!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, removed from casings
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced into strips, add more if you like it hotter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) canlight red kidney beans
- black olives, minced
- onion, minced
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chorizo and onion in a skillet. Brown, and scramble the chorizo so that it is no longer in chunks -- more fine. Drain the grease out.
- Put remaining ingredients (not the garnishes) in a blender; Blend on low until smooth. Add to the sausage mixture and simmer gently, uncovered, until it becomes a good dip consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with onions in the middle, olives in the middle, and cheese on the outside. If you'd like, you can add some diced avocados to the garnishes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.