Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Stopping in Somalia on a virtual Round the World foodie tour...here's the recipe I found.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 5 cloves, crushed
- 1 inch cinnamon stick, crushed
- Place the mixture in the bottom of the teapot and pour in boiling water.
- Let it steep for several minutes, and add a generous amount of sugar.
- Pour milk into each tea cup, add tea to milk and serve.
It's nice with crushed peppercorns or powdered ginger, this is how my Somalian inlaws drink it :)
I love somalian tea, I trink it very often, but never tried it with nutmeg. But it sounds nice, I'll try it. Somalian tea is really delicious, especially for cosy evenings at home.
I LOVE nutmeg...this tea is delicious. I have a 4c pot & added 1TB sugar per cup & will cut back next time. It didn't get very dark. Thank you!