Somalian Lamb and Rice (Skudahkharis)
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over meduim-high heat.
- Add meat, stir, & brown on all sides, 18-20 minutes.
- Add onions & garlic, stir, and saute until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, spices, & tomato paste. Stir to mix well, cook on medium-low for 5-7 minutes.
- Slowly stir in rice & boiling water, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 18-20 minutes, until rice is done.
- Remove from heat & keep covered 15 minutes before serving.