Prep 24 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Adzuki beans are used in many oriental foods. They are usually made into red bean paste and then into desserts! In Somalia, they enjoy a dish called 'cambuulo' which is adzuki beans with butter and sugar. Since I can't go to Somalia to try it, I made up this version. I hope you like it!
- Soak beans overnight with enough water to cover an inch or 2 over the beans.
- Drain beans and add 2 cups of water and beans to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to low heat. Simmer on low for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the 25 minutes, the water should be absorbed. Add butter and cream.
- Stir well and keep on low. Cook 10 more minutes, stirring often.
- In the last 2 minutes, stir in nutmeg and sugar then serve.