Recipe by celebrittany
I really like this recipe and it's authentic. It comes from my mother-in-law who is from Somalia. Very aromatic and relaxing tea.
Top Review by Elmotoo
I used 4c water & 4 spoons of black tea leaves. I used fresh ginger. I only used 4TB sugar & that was plenty sweet enough for me - I can't imagine using a full cup! Very delicious tea. Made for I've saved all these recipes! & African Recipe tag 3/12.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil desired amount of water in tea pot. Add tea bags using a good tea to water ratio.
- Smash green cardamom pods* and add to tea. (I couldn't add this to the list for some reason).
- Then add grated ginger and 1 cinnamon stick
- Let steep for about 10-15 minutes in pot.
- Serve with milk and sugar to taste.