Recipe by Sara 76
Posted for ZWT7.
Top Review by Dienia B.
this was a very good stew i will make again i didnt think to add peppers it gives it a completely different twist, that said i didnt chop my carrots and potatoes into small enough pieces next time i will cut smaller causre i had to add more water my fault not recipes and i personally would add a little less oil next time but the flavor was all here in this stew the jalaepeno i used kicked it up just a scooch , recipe is a keeper. now if i can get the stars to work ...
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cilantro (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 potato (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil meat for 30-45 minutes or until it is very tender.
- Drain water from the meat and add the oil and onions.
- Cook on Medium to Medium High heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the water, cumin powder, chili pepper, green pepper, potato, carrot, chicken cube, salt, garlic and cilantro.
- Stir well.
- Cover and let it gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir again to make sure there is still enough water in the pan.
- Cover and let it cook about 10 more minutes.
- Stir and make sure the vegetables are tender.