Recipe by celebrittany
This is my best Somali Goat recipe it is very flavorful and tasty...Alot of people I have cooked this for say it is better than what is served at the somali resterants. :) This is my own recipe and what I serve to my lovely family. ENJOY!!!!
- 2 lbs goat meat
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive, voil
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 crushed cloves
- 4 crushed cardamom pods
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and strain goat meat.
- In large pot boil the goat meat in water, add about 1 tbs salt for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- drain meat and save goat stock later for rice if desired.
- Add olive oil to skillet once oil is hot add the strained goat meat and fry 2 minutes.
- Add onions and green pepper stir to fry together 3 mins * dont let the onions and pepper get mushy they need to stay firm and still have a vibrant color.
- add cumin, cloves, garlic paste, ginger paste, cinnimon, cardemom, ghee, and salt and pepper to taste. stir for 1 minute.
- add cilantro and squeeze juice from lemon for flavor -- not too much lemon mabey like 1 tbs from the 1/2 lemon. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy with yellow spiced somali rice and fresh banana.